Dr Helen Schultz commenced practice in Heidelberg, Melbourne, Victoria in September 2018.
Based on a long history working in the doctor mental health space in an advocacy and clinical role, she has formalised a specialised clinic that addresses common barriers to mental health care and psychological support.
Since its inception, the clinic has expanded and caters for medical students through to doctors contemplating retirement. It has been created with the expressed notion that one does not need a DSM diagnosis to see a psychiatrist.
Notwithstanding this, Dr Schultz is providing clinical care for doctors and medical students with new or established diagnoses of mental illness. She has a degree in pharmacy, and especially respectful of the pharmacological management of such disorders, and how they may impact on doctors who need to undertake shift work hours. As the clinic is after hours, doctors and medical students with mental illness can attend regular appointments to address their needs in a confidential manner, away from the work environment.
Dr Schultz also provides support, counselling and advocacy for doctors and medical students traversing difficult times in their professional and personal life. She has held office bearer positions within AMA(Victoria), namely President, DiT Subdivision from 2003 to 2005, hence has a robust knowledge of various solutions for complex work place difficulties.
80 Yarra St, Heidelberg. Plentiful off street parking and close to Heidelberg Train station
Thursday 4pm to 9pm
Saturday 9.30 am to 3.30pm
Tuesday 10.30am to 3.30pm
Unique aspects of the clinic
Dr Schultz has attended to most common barriers to doctor help seeking and incorporated these solutions into her practice.
- Doctors and medical students can book for a clinical consultation or a coaching consultation. This caters for those who do not wish to use Medicare. In these cases, a tax invoice and receipt will be issued which can be claimed as a tax deduction. If a GP referral is obtained, and a need to see Dr Schultz for clinical consultations, a rebate will be processed online for the claimant.
- Dr Schultz offers telepsychiatry using Medicare, for doctors and medical students in regional, rural and remote areas. This ensures continuity of care regardless of changes to geographical placement locations with new rotations.
- There is no receptionist and there is 15 minutes scheduled between appointments to ensure complete anonymity
- The clinic has non signage and is not attached to a clinic or hospital.
- Dr Schultz is accredited with The Melbourne Clinic and can provide inpatient care of doctors and medicals students if required.
Please address all enquiries to email@example.com. Dr Schultz responds promptly, and extra hours have been added so there is little wait for a new appointment.